Tuesday, March 3, 2009

FTP : Comming to a screeching halt.

File Transfer Protocol Task.

FTP: I learnt that File Transfer Protocol is a fantastic way to transfer files, if you can get it to work. I am trying to get the read me txt as is part of our to do list and I keep getting an error that stops me from progressing any further. I have tried different ways of getting around it and even rebooted a couple of times. I have now asked for help on the forum and will keep trying in the mean time.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


This is the error that I have been getting.











Crisis Averted !!!!


While sitting here staring aimlessly at the FTP program I read the error and re- read it and then it dawned on me ( insert bells ringing and angels singing from on high) that I not paid any attention to my side I was too busy scrolling through the remote site to worry about my site with obvious consequences.


Now the earth is back rotating on its axis and the birds are singing in the trees and I know that ...

This server runs on a unix platform, so CAPITALIZATION MATTERS!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, useful AND entertaining :) I'll be reading for inspiration!!
    Be good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad that you worked it all out. ;-)

    ReplyDelete