Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Module One: The Introduction

Telnet - The Task

Ok so I start this first task with excitement and a smidge of fear, I have never even heard of telnet and here I am about to access a computer across the country with a program I didn't even know was on my computer......Deep breath...

I am using flock as my browser I hope this telnet thing will work as I rarely use internet explorer anymore.

I enter the telnet:// into the adress bar and the launch application box appears, I click the appropriate boxes and suddenly a ominous black box appears.

~Ok~ problem number one I find that I can't just cut and paste which of course is my automatic reaction when I know I have to type in an address. Ok so I type in the address and it spits it back at me, hmmmm ok I work out what I need to do and whooo hoooo I am connected with the deakin library, I am rocking this Telnet thing.

I do the search send an email back to myself about the books available from authors with that surname. I check my inbox and there is the email waiting for me to be honest I kinda had my doubts as to weather or not it would show up.

I think Telnet is still relevant and for the present time think that its cool, although I dont know how I would be if telnet was my only form of communication.


No comments:

Post a Comment